FLAT FEE TAX RELIEF
Coast to Coast - IRS Help
IRS Tax Relief - Tax Debt Help
Know What to Look for and What to Avoid When
Looking at Tax Relief Companies.
Here’s How to Choose the Best Tax Relief Company You Can Trust
Trying to choose the right tax professional from the myriad tax relief companies to help you through a very stressful time can be confusing.
There are many tax relief companies to choose from and it’s hard to tell the good ones from the bad ones.
The very best advice we can provide is to be wary of tax relief firms that apply pressure tactics to get you to sign up with them.
NEVER, NEVER EVER pay $500 (or any amount) for an investigation. Don't be a sucker. That $500 will cover their advertising costs and pay a commission to the "salesperson" you spoke to during your "consultation." That $500 is "gravy money" and just in case your choose someone else to handle your tax debt, they got something out of it.
Questions to Ask Before Hiring a Tax Relief Firm
You should always check the tax relief companies you may be thinking of representing you. reviews and search for any past client complaints online before signing up for tax debt relief. But the work of vetting a company to represent you with the IRS goes beyond screening their reputation. You should also ask these three critical questions.
How do these Tax Relief Companies Charge for their Tax Debt Help?
There are four primary methods, and you need to understand the difference as many companies’ methods are not transparent and often very misleading.
- Flat Fees – All-Inclusive Tax Debt Help: A flat fee that includes all required tax relief services to complete your case is the most reliable way to immediately know the full cost of your case before committing to work with any tax relief company. It also assures that you are working with a company that has professionals on staff that can handle all services associated with your case.
FLAT FEE TAX SERVICE INVENTED THE FLAT FEE TAX RELIEF PRODUCT. WE WERE FIRST TO OFFER FLAT FEE TAX RELIEF. WE STARTED THIS PRACTICE IN 2010 AND TAX RELIEF COMPANIES HAVE BEEN TRYING TO COPY US EVER SINCE. WE HAVE KEPT OUR FEES JUST ABOUT THE SAME SINCE WE STARTED BECAUSE WE KNOW THAT OUR CLIENTS HAVE AN IRS HARDSHIP AND GOUGING THEM IN THEIR TIME OF NEED IS JUST PLAIN WRONG.
- Flat fees - Non-Inclusive: Many tax relief companies will quote a low fee but downplay or outright neglect to tell you that they don’t provide some critical services. Ask if your "flat" fee covers all of the services required to resolve your tax problems. Filing your back tax returns are common services that some tax relief companies exclude. Failure to include these tax relief services can cause delays and unexpected costs to your case, not to mention the inconvenience of having to find additional professionals to get the work done.
- Teaser Fees: Some tax relief companies take advantage of price shoppers by selling them on what appears to be a reasonable upfront “investigation fee,” but then follow up days or weeks into the process to inform them that the remainder of the case is going to be additional $$$$.
ONCE AGAIN, NEVER, NEVER EVER PAY A FEE FOR AN INVESTIGATION. THE STANDARD RATE FOR THIS GOUGING IS USUALLY $500. THAT $500 INVESTIGATION IS A SCAM. WHEN YOU HIRE A COMPANY, THAT INVESTIGATION PHONE CALL WILL AUTOMATICALLY HAPPEN WHEN THE POWER OF ATTORNEY (IRS 2848 FORM) IS FILED.
- Ongoing Fees: Other tax relief companies just bill you by the hour, which is by nature a conflict of interest leading to unpredictable, ever-growing costs and slow progress of your case.
- How long have any of the tax relief companies you are looking at, been in business?
- The time a tax relief company has been in business is important because it is a way to measure its credibility and experience. Tax debt relief is a specialized professional service that requires an IRS license. Tax Relief Companies that can demonstrate an extended track record of strong client service and results can truly be considered credible sources of tax resolution services.
Will You Really Have a Tax Attorney Representing You?
At Flat Fee Tax Service, our clients are provided the direct phone line to the Tax Attorney handling the tax debt. No one else does this. Only Flat Fee Tax Service.
Nearly all of the tax relief companies claim to have tax attorneys available to represent clients with the IRS. If you ask, you may find that they don’t have attorneys on staff at all. Some even use the excuse that they have experienced “temporary staffing variances.”
Others technically have attorneys, but won’t tell you that these individuals often are right out of law school, have not passed any state bar exams, and have little or no practical experience dealing with the IRS.
Be sure to ask if all attorneys on staff have passed a state bar and how much tax relief experience they have.
Choose the Most Trusted Tax Relief Company
Flat Fee Tax Service is Accredited by the BBB and has always maintained an A Plus rating. We only charge transparent, flat-rate fees and always offer affordable payment plans (interest-free and up to 11 months). Our tax professionals have been providing tax debt help since 2010.
Furthermore, our tax relief team has a 96% Offer in Compromise (tax settlement) success rate. Also, if you have an IRS levy, our Tax Lawyers have routinely had these egregious levies stopped and released in one day.